Rice goes along with a lot of stuff, but getting it along with some beans must be a smart move.This Aduki Bean and Rice Salad saves you some extra energy. Here’s a recipe that will give you more energy to keep you going through the day.
Aduki Bean and Rice Salad
For the salad
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup brown basmati rice washed
- 2 tbsp unrefined sesame oil
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup carrot small diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper small diced
- 1/2 cup celery small dice (optional)
- 1/2 cup scallions whites and greens, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro optional
- 1 15- ounce can aduki beans drained and rinsed or l/2 cup dried beans (see note below)
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- 1/8 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp gluten-free tamari or gluten-free shoyu
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp mellow miso
Tips: Chose gluten-free tamari or shoyu if you are gluten-sensitive/intolerant. If you are using dried Aduki beans start those cooking first.
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot and add the rice.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook covered for 30 minutes, or until rice is completely tender.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and reserve.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet.
- Add the ginger and garlic and sauté for one minute over medium heat.
- Add the carrot and saute for 2 more minutes, then add the red pepper and continue to cook until soft.
- Place the mixture in a large bowl. Add the rice, celery, scallions, cilantro and beans, mixing gently until well combined.
To make the dressing
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined and pour onto the salad, and stir to coat thoroughly.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for serving later.