This new take on basil avocado chicken salad eliminates the bad fat from mayo and adds the good fat from avocados. The fresh taste of basil makes this dish refreshing and light. You can prepare this on the weekend and use it for lunches all week! Think chicken salad sandwiches, chicken salad over a bed of spinach, or chicken salad wrap. You can also change up the flavors throughout the week by adding Thai or Cajun flavors. This way you do not get bored.
Basil Avocado Chicken Salad
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves stems removed
- 2 small or 1 large ripe avocado pits and skin removed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ? tsp black pepper
- Cook the chicken breasts and shred them. Place the shredded chicken in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Put the basil, avocado, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides a couple of times to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Pour the avocado and basil mixture into the mixing bowl with the shredded chicken and toss well to coat.
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Garnish with parsley