Bowls are a great way to combine lots of ingredients into a quick and portable meal! This Brown Rice and Black Bean Bowl is sure to satisfied and energized, and it contains some yummy veggies as well! Talk about healthy! This recipe makes 4 servings, so keep the leftovers in the fridge for an easy meal to bring to work.
Brown Rice and Black Bean Bowl
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- Heat a large pan on medium-high heat. Add coconut oil to the pan, and melt. Add spinach and saute until wilted.
- Add rice, beans, sea salt, garlic powder and cumin. Cook until all ingredients are thoroughly heated. Remove from heat.
- Right before serving, gently fold in avocado and carrots.