This easy cashew chicken crock pot recipe is to die for! Quickly prep all the ingredients and throw them in the crock pot in the afternoon (or morning if your crockpot has a timer!). The food will be ready after you run errands or come back for work at the end of the day. Not only will you be able to sit down and eat as soon as you get home from a busy day, you will be able to enjoy a home cooked meal! If you choose to add vegetables, carrots, snow peas, peppers, broccoli, and even green beans work well!
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Lb chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh ginger
- ¼ tbsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ cup cashews raw
Optional: add whatever vegetables you want!
- Place almond flour and black pepper in a large Ziplock bag. Add chicken pieces and seal; toss to thoroughly coat meat.
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet or wok. Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes until brown on all sides. Remove and add to crock pot.
- Mix coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar, tomato paste, fresh ginger, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Pour mixture over chicken and toss to coat.
- Put lid on crock pot and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Stir cashews into chicken and sauce before serving.