This chickpea vegetable potato hash is a twist on a classic breakfast dish adds more vegetables to your first meal of the day. Make sure you let the potatoes cook long enough in the beginning to get crispy. Zucchini carries a lot of water, which can make the potatoes soggy if not already crisped up. And we all know that the top layer of every hash brown (or hash brown-like dish) has to be crispy!
Chickpea Vegetable Potato Hash
- 4 cups shredded potatoes
- 2 cups finely chopped baby spinach
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 4 eggs
- Combine potatoes, spinach, onion, ginger, curry powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potato mixture and press into a layer. Cook, without stirring, until crispy and golden brown on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Fold in chickpeas and zucchini, breaking up chunks of potato, until just combined. Press back into an even layer.
- Carve out 4 “wells” in the mixture. Break eggs, one at a time, into a cup and slip one into each indentation. Cover and continue cooking until the eggs are set, 4 to 5 minutes for soft-set yolks.