This crock pot turkey is an easy way to make tender turkey with lots of flavor! Emeril Lagasse calls onion, carrots, and celery the trifecta when it comes to cooking, so you already know this is going to be a great dish when you throw all 3 in the crock pot. Crock pots are totally under-utilized these days. So many people opt for take out or fast food for the sake of convenience. With crock pots, it takes 5-10 minutes to prep and throw everything in. And it is ready when you get home. With so little work and a HEALTHY home cooked meal, why wouldn’t you do it??
Crock Pot Turkey
- 1 Bone-in turkey breast small
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 stalk of celery chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic whole
- 3 Tbsp. onion flakes
- ½ Tbsp. onion powder
- ½ Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ Tbsp. black pepper
- Rinse the turkey breast off in cold water. If the breast is too large to fit in your crock pot, cut the meat from the bone into large pieces, leaving as much skin intact as possible.
- Mix the onion flakes, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and black pepper together. Rub the mixture on to the turkey, placing as much under the skin as possible.
- Add enough water to the crock pot to just cover the bottom. Place the turkey breast in the center and add the garlic, celery, carrot, and onion chunks around the turkey. Cook on high heat for 1 hour. After 1 hour, turn the heat down to low and cook for an additional 7-8 hours until done.