Garlic Spaghetti Squash with Kale is a low carb dish can replace pasta dishes, and be just as tasty! If you have never prepared a spaghetti squash recipe before, don’t worry! All you need to have is some time to bake the squash. Once the squash is cut in half and bakes, take a fork, stick it into the rim of the squash, and pull! The flesh of the squash should be tender enough to easily stick a fork in it. You will notice that the flesh comes out in strands, just like spaghetti! You can do so much with spaghetti squash. It can replace pasta in so many dishes-lasagna, puttanesca, carbonara, and so much more!
Garlic Spaghetti Squash with Kale
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 lb Italian ground turkey
- 1 bunch kale
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and discard. Place the halves on a rimmed baking sheet with the cut side up. Rub insides with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 30-45 minutes (depending on how large your squash is).
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 4-5 minutes. Stir in the ground Italian turkey and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in kale and chicken broth and cook until kale is wilted.
- Take the spaghetti squash out of the oven and scrape the insides with a fork to shred the squash into strands. Add the shredded squash into the skillet and toss to combine.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with chili powder. Add salt and pepper to taste.