Ginger Vegetables With Basmatti is a great meatless recipe idea! The ginger flavor from the vegetables is soaked up by the rice, making a delicious mix of spicy and crunchy ingredients. Even meat lovers like this dish (maybe as a side more than the main course… but hey, baby steps!). If you or someone you are cooking for needs that piece of meat, this can easily act as a side dish.
Ginger Vegetables with Basmatti
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 lb carrots
- 1/2 lb beans wax, green, etc.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare basmati rice according to instructions on package.
- While rice is simmering, peel carrots and cut them in half lengthwise. Trim the beans. Place the carrots and beans in the bottom of a baking dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, coconut aminos, sea salt, and fresh ginger. Pour the mixture over the carrots covering evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until carrots are tender. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve over basmati rice.