This tangy recipe is great for spring, summer, or fall grilling! The almonds and cilantro topping add a nice crunch for every bite of your chicken. The best thing about this recipe is the easy cleanup, which is always a great bonus. Just clean your grill grate and your cutting board, and you are ready to go!
Grilled Lemon Chicken
- 2 ½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil plus additional for drizzling
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 large skinless boneless chicken breast halves pounded to 1/3-inch thickness
- 3/4 cup plus 1/3 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds optional
- 1 lemon cut into 6 wedges
- Place 2 1/2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and seal bag, releasing any excess air; turn several times to coat. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Prepare barbecue (high heat). Brush grill rack with oil. Transfer chicken from bag to barbecue with some marinade still clinging and grill until slightly charred and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to platter and let rest 10 minutes. Stir 3/4 cup chopped cilantro into couscous. Sprinkle almonds over, if desired.
- Drizzle chicken with oil, sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup chopped cilantro over, and garnish with lemon wedges.