Whether you are a vegetarian or not, you should try pan fried tofu, especially when ginger is involved. Tofu on its own can be plain and uninviting to your taste buds. Grilled tofu salad is mixing up the flavor with this ginger dressing sends your taste buds into a frenzy. Make sure you get as much moisture off the tofu before coating in Miso. Nobody likes soggy tofu.
Grilled Tofu Salad
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons Miso & Easy 3 teaspoons miso paste + 3 teaspoons hot water, divided
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil for salad olive, canola, vegetable, grapeseed
- 4 handfuls of salad greens + any other salad vegetables of your choice
- Cut the tofu block into 1/2" thick slices and with a towel, pat each slice of tofu dry on both sides.
- In a small bowl, add just 1/2 of the miso (we'll use the other half in the dressing). Brush the tofu on one side with miso.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, drizzle in the cooking oil and add the tofu, miso side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes until browned. Brush the top of the tofu with more miso. Carefully flip the tofu and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk together the remaining miso, soy sauce, ginger, water, sesame oil and sugar. Slowly drizzle in the oil while whisking to finish the dressing.
- Assemble the salad greens and vegetables, serve with grilled tofu slice and miso salad dressing.