How xenoestrogens can cause inflammation:
Xenoestrogens are substances that mimic estrogen in the body, resulting in estrogen dominance. Xenoestrogens can be found in makeup products, food, pesticides, fertilizer, plastics (tupperware), and cleaning products. Current research concludes that xenoestrogens can cause inflammation, leading to chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, and autoimmune diseases. An increased amount of xenoestrogens in the body can also lead to other health conditions such as infertility, early onset puberty, and miscarriages.
Xenoestrogens disrupt the systems in our body
Xenoestrogens are a type of endocrine disruptor. The endocrine system controls the release of hormones that travel to tissues and instruct the tissues on what to do. Because xenoestrogens can mimic natural estrogen, they can block or bind hormone receptors, impacting almost every part of your body. The systems most vulnerable to inflammatory damage are the neurological system and the immune system. These systems are particularly at risk during developmental stages of life. For all the youngsters in your life, do them a favor and look out for the xenoestrogens that may be hurting their growth and development.
Products to avoid
- 1. Choose organic, locally grown, and in-season foods to limit xenoestrogens from pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides.
- 2. Buy hormone free meat and dairy.
- 3. Never microwave food in plastic containers, or leave plastic containers in the sun.
- 4. Use BPA free water bottles, and never refill disposable water bottles.
- 5. Use chemical free cleaning products (Click here for a GREAT cleaning product that uses super dense microfibers instead of chemicals to pick up bacteria)
- 6. Choose chlorine free paper products.
- 7. Avoid creams and cosmetics with parabens and stearalkonium chloride.
- 8. Use chemical free soaps and toothpaste.
- 9. Use a chlorine filter on drinking water and shower heads
- 10. Use essential oils (such as tea tree oil mixed with water) instead of chemicals for fragrances.