These cute little turkey sliders don’t hold back on the flavor! They are well seasoned, packed with protein from the turkey and hummus, and there are even some vegetables thrown in there. This is bound to be a family favorite, hands down!
Hummus Turkey Sliders
- 1 cucumber diced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried mint
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 ½ lb ground turkey
- 1 cup roasted red pepper hummus
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 16 mini whole wheat pita pockets
- 2-3 plum tomatoes sliced
- Toss cucumber, feta, vinegar, mint, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
- Mix the turkey, hummus, parsley, and coriander in a bowl. Season with pepper. Shape 16 small patties, about ½ inch thick.
- Heat 1 ½ Tbsp. olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add half of the patties and cook until browned, about 2 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate and cook the remaining patties with remaining oil.
- Mix the remaining ½ cup hummus with a splash of hot water in a bowl. Spread some of the hummus on the inside of each pita along with a tomato slice, patty, and cucumber mixture.