Hummus is a great source of protein and good fat from garbanzo beans and flaxseed oil. Best of all, it goes with so much! You can use it as a dip with vegetables, crackers, or pita, use it as a condiment on a sandwich, or use it as a topping on a salad.
- 16 oz can garbanzo beans chickpeas
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil or flaxseed oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ¼ cup tahini sesame butter
- Sea salt and fresh parsley to taste
- Drain beans and reserve liquid.
- Rinse beans in a colander.
- Blend beans with remaining ingredients in a blender, vitamix, ninja, or other blending machine. If the mixture seems dry, add some of the reserved liquid from the garbanzo beans slowly to the blender to make a smooth paste.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of sea salt and parsley.