These lamb patties are a lean and healthy meat meal option. The garlic, mint, and feta cheese season the patties perfectly, creating a unique flavor combination with the lamb. Make leftovers that you can throw in a salad, on a sandwich, or just plain on its own!
- 1 ½ lb ground lamb shoulder
- 2 large garlic cloves pressed
- 1 ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Place lamb in a large bowl. Sprinkle garlic and salt over the lamb. Gently toss lamb to blend. Combine feta and mint in small bowl.
- Divide lamb into 12 equal mounds. Shape each into ball. Poke thumb into center to make a hole.
- Press 1 teaspoon feta-mint filling into hole. Pinch hole closed, then press ball between palms to flatten into ¾ inch-thick disk.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Working in 2 batches, cook lamb until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side for medium.
- Transfer sausages to rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm until serving.