A healthy twist to a classic spicy dish! This recipe gives you all the benefits of matcha, plus the deliciousness of a traditional curry. Try it for yourself!
- 1 1/2 cup chopped chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon matcha
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- Cook basmati rice according to directions.
- Add olive oil, cumin, matcha, coriander, and curry to pot over medium-high heat and cook until you can smell spices, about 2-3 minutes.
- Chop chicken, onion, and carrots and stir in to the spices. Cook for another 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and stir regularly.
- Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
- Mix broth and bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and cook until warmed through, 3-5 minutes.
- Chop cilantro and add to each plate before serving.
©2017 Alkaline Wellness