We are now taking Applications for 2017 Goat Yoga Teacher Certification Training. Next session starts 9/1, 2017
THIS IS NOT AN ORDINARY YOGA CERTIFICATION, IT'LL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
- Interaction with animals increases Oxytocin, which is a powerful hormone that can help us feel Happy and Trusting.
- Oxytocin also allows our bodies to heal by growing cells which also helps to repair our cells.
- Animals, Goats, can also be therapeutic for those of us going through a rough time in life. (We all have those times)
- Through the Oxytocin hormone, our bodies can be more resilient by modulating our stress better.
- Enhance Immune System through Goats
- Reduce Blood Pressure, Stress, and Pain.
- Increase lung capacity and Respiration by practicing Yoga and Laughing.
- Increase endorphins which are natural pain killers.
- Therapeutic effects of Goats will have you sleeping better by calming your nervous system and creating a sense of calm, which we all need.
- Goats will also help with anxiety and depression by improving your brain chemistry, specifically dopamine.
- With our premise of using "GRATITUDE" for antidote for "PAIN, FEAR, AND SICKNESS", we are confident that you will heal from what ails you.
- Goats are super cute, interactive, playful, funny, energetic, and curious creatures who will seek you out in class to make sure to put a smile on your face.
- Experience the magic of Goats, as they are a 100% bundle of positive energy, no negative energy can survive around them.
- What can we learn from goats? To be Authentic, Have Fun, Be Curious, and Let Go of Your "EGO". Don't filter yourself, in who you ought to be, let go and be yourself.........in the process find love and healing.
- Like goats, lets be obnoxiously happy!
Struck down with Lupus 19 years ago, Dr. Connie faced many struggles and fears and after practicing yoga for over 24 years, she's decided to pursue Yoga Teacher Training when attending a local yoga class and challenged to do a handstand. At the time, she was going through her third relapse with Lupus and was physically weak as she's ever been.
This simple challenge lead her to complete the most physically challenging Ashtanga based Yoga Teacher Training and because of her facing her fear, she's now able to do the handstand and she's as strong as she's ever been.
Cathi Huff, the founder of Goga, Goat Yoga in Milton chose Alkaline Yoga Teacher Training for her own Teacher Certification. In the process, both Cathi and Dr. Connie recognized the need to modify the yoga postures to enhance the experience with Goat Yoga.
Dr. Connie then went to go visit Cathi's farm, Atlanta Dream Farm, and was challenged by her friend to hold the baby goat and was paralyzed with fear of animals. This intrigued Dr. Connie and so began her journey of overcoming yet another one of her fears.
This casual encounter quickly led to a partnership between Alkaline Wellness Center and Goga and Goat Yoga Teacher Certification was born.
Fulfilling Career Opportunity Awaits
- 30% of all Americans have tried yoga at some point in their lives
- Its estimated over 80 Million Americans will likely practice yoga at some point in the next 12 months
- Over 14 million yogis are over the age of 50 in the US
- Yogis love to spend! Yogis reported $16 billion on yoga clothing, equipment, classes and accessories in the last year.
- 20% of us Yogis are more likely to have a positive self-image and positive attitude as compared to the general population
- We are conscientious of our environment.
- The top 3 reasons why people practice yoga is for the sheer enjoyment , for health and to relieve stress.
- 98% of Yogis consider themselves to be beginner or intermediate level in their practice.
- More than 58% of Yogis are 40+
- The 5 top qualities of great yoga teachers as reported by students are: friendly, provide clear with instructions, knowledgeable about anatomy, provides proper adjustments, and exude a positive attitude.
- Yogis will spend $5.8B in yoga classes in 2016.
We Need "Quality", "Knowledgeable" Yoga Teachers!
Space is limited. Click Here to Email Leslie to be considered for the training.
Welcome to the Alkaline Yoga School
The Alkaline 200 hr Yoga Teacher Certification Program provides a solid foundation to teach yoga, inspire others and deepen your own personal practice. The focus of this training is to provide students with APPLIED knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and understanding yoga philosophy so that you not only learn in “theory”, but learn to apply the philosophies in everyday life. In addition, part of the program will focus on meticulous alignment to “heal” and reconnect with the body.
Founder and Instructor, Connie Jeon, DPT, MPH, RD, RYT-E 200hr, infuses her broad didactic knowledge in anatomy, physical therapy, nutrition, functional medicine, and psychology to bring you a deep & personally transformative teacher training experience.
Yoga has had a profound effect on Dr. Connie's life as a healing modality, transforming her in mind, body, and spirit in learning to not only cope with her Lupus disease state, but to thrive and grow. In Dr. Connie's practice, she was able to redirect her psychological state of Lupus inflicted pain and fear to love, compassion, and healing for her patients.
About the 35 Poses
Dr. Connie's training in Yoga is rooted in Bikram, Power, and Ashtanga. Her background in human movement and dysfunction allowed her to carefully select 50 poses that will serve as a foundation for proper posture, functional movement, healing, and mindful practice.
Through the 35 poses, students will understand the anatomical alignments, muscular function, and planes of motion. Students will learn to perfect these concepts in their own bodies as well as property teach them to their students.
The 35 poses were carefully selected to provide you with flexibility, stability, strength, and most importantly room to grow physically.
This is an extensive program that will enable students to apply their learned foundations to Ashtanga, Hot Sequence, Vinyasa Flow, and transitions that will allow them to properly coordinate poses for an exceptional and safe experience for their students.
- Clarity in your vision for your life.
- Confidence in your personal practice and your ability to teach others.
- Cultivated an awareness of your body.
- Increased Flexibility
- Improved muscle strength and tone
- Improved respiration, energy and vitality.
- Balanced Metabolism
- Weight Loss
- Improved Athletic Performance
- Protect and Recovery from Injury
- This is an investment in YOU. You'll have all the tools to transform your life and health AND build a lucrative career helping others do the same.
- Basic Anatomy & Physiology
- Applied Anatomy and Kinesiology
- Philosophy of Yoga
- Self Introspection
- The Practice
- Class Sequencing & Cuing
- Practicum Expectation
- Special Considerations - Injuries, physical limitations, pain, etc.
- Self Introspection- Every change needs to be an inside job
- Business of Yoga
Timeline & Details
This yoga teacher certification program is divided into five modules and is designed so that students can engage in self study through the online training platform.
We will meet 5 weekends, Friday afternoon (3-8) through Saturday (9-5) beginning 9/1/2017
At Alkaline Wellness and Atlanta Dream Farm
September 8-9 2017 (AWC)
October 20-21 2017 (ADF)
November 3-4 2017 (AWC)
December 1-2 2017 (ADF)
January 12-13 2017 (AWC)
Scheduled Final Exam-Written and Demonstration
*** Dates subject to change.
- Computer & Internet Connection
- Skype Installed
- Web Cam
- Acceptance is based on a careful selection process. Please e-mail Leslie for an application
Total Cost $3200
Yoga is more than just beautiful poses. It is a journey of personal growth, healing, & self-love.
Dr. Connie Jeon
Become a Certified Yoga Teacher!
This is no ordinary yoga certification. After 24 years of yoga practice in various yoga styles and qualifying as a RYT-E 200 hr teacher, I dedicated my time to create the best yoga cert that I am proud of!
It is a healing blend of my favorite styles of yoga infused with my 17 years of physical therapy secrets. The end result? You as a teacher will be transformed and healed first and foremost both physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Then you will learn ways to really help your students achieve the same results.
I am committed to putting out the BEST teachers out there. This means, my graduates will be well versed in anatomy and physiology, yogic practice, meditation, mindful transformation, and most importantly, you will be the best version of yourself!
This training will help you to tap into your creativity, find your own voice, and to give you the “confidence” to teach, educate, and inspire your students from a powerful yoga-healing foundation.
This training is appropriate for the serious student who would like to start teaching yoga, as well as the student who would like to deepen their own knowledge & personal practice. You will be transformed in mind, spirit, and body, and as a result, start to do the same for others. You will become empowered, confident, and most importantly, become an authentic version of YOU. I look forward to being the “guide” in your healing journey!
Dr. Connie Jeon
I Would Like To Apply, Please Send Me More Info!