Alkaline diet, also known as the alkaline ash diet or alkaline acid diet, can help you lose a few extra pounds and avoid health problems. The general rule is that some foods such as processed foods and refined sugar cause your body to produce acid, which may disrupt your acid-base balance.
On the other hand, eating foods that will make your body more alkaline can be extremely beneficial. Most fruits and vegetables are alkaline-promoting foods, while dairy, wheat, most grains, canned and packaged snacks, fall on the acid side. Alcohol and caffeine are also off-limits.
While you will be cutting out specific foods you may used to eating, the alkaline diet is not strictly vegetarian. If you are trying to avoid fat and sugar or have food allergies, you may find this diet a good fit for you.
How Alkaline Diets Can Be Beneficial
- Studies show that alkaline diets — fresh fruits, vegetables and and unprocessed plant-based protein sources — result in a more alkaline urine pH level. As a result, essential mineral levels are balanced which can then help protect against illnesses.
- A low acid diet may help prevent kidney stones, improve brain function, reduce low back pain, keep bones and muscles strong, and decrease your risk for diabetes.
- Since you will be choosing mostly fruits and vegetables over high fat, high calorie options, alkaline diet is also good for your heart. It helps lower blood pressure and cholesterol, the major factors for heart disease.
- I cannot emphasize enough that this diet will support healthy weight loss. Achieving a better physique will benefit you in many ways. It’s not just about getting bikini-ready. It lowers your risk for developing serious health problems, makes you to feel good about yourself, and gives you more energy to enjoy life.
- Research revealed a connection between an alkaline diet and reduced levels of chronic pain.
- Eating more alkaline foods could help decrease inflammation and the risk for cancer.
My bestselling eBook will guide you on your way to making the switch. And if you love cleanses, you’ll dig the Alkaline Detox Protocol. It’s a complete lifestyle solution that will make you look and feel better all around. After completing my free webinar series, you’ll be armed with a sensible exercise and meal plan to get you to your goal.