This detox friendly red cabbage salad recipe is packed with raw vegetables, giving it a nice crunch when you eat it. The longer you let this sit, the better it gets! With time, the tart flavor from the apples, tang from the apple cider vinegar, and the sweetness from the lemon juice soak into all the other ingredients. If you make a big enough batch, you can munch on it all week long for snacks, lunch, or dinner.
Red Cabbage Salad with Apples
- 1 small head red cabbage
- 10 radishes sliced
- 3 tart green apples unpeeled and diced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Dash of garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Measure out all ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Toss ingredients until evenly mixed and coated in oil and vinegar.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour, stirring once or twice.