This light pasta recipe is perfect for when you are in the mood for something fancy. This gluten free shrimp linguine is made with a white wine, giving it loads of flavor!
Linguine with shrimp and slow roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced paper-thin
- 1 ½ pounds cherry tomatoes, slow roasted (see note below)
- generous pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 pound dried gluten-free linguine (we like Bionature brand)
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup dry white white wine
- kosher salt or sea salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil and salt generously.
- The water should taste like the ocean.
- Place the olive oil and garlic in a large frying pan over low heat.
- Cook the garlic slowly for 8 to 10 minutes, or until softened but not browned.
- Add the tomatoes and red pepper flakes and stir to combine them with the garlic slices.
- Cover the pan and let the tomatoes heat slowly for a few minutes.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water, stir to separate, and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions until al dente.
- When the pasta is done, drain it from the pot, saving about 1 cup of the water in which it was cooked.
- Immediately run cold water over the pasta
- Lastly, serve the tomatoes over the pasta!
©2017 Alkaline Wellness